The ToTW is Christmas Grinches. Bring your A game or go home!
1. “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” was performed by which improbably named singer in the 1966 cartoon How the Grinch Stole Christmas! ?
2. Which Ivy League University named their medical school this in 2012?
3. When Ebenezer Scrooge is shown his past by the first ghost, he sees his sister, his first employer, and his ex-fiancée. What were their names?
4. Which late 80s/early 90s all-female band named themselves after items in George Bailey’s pocket in It’s a Wonderful Life?
5. Speaking of It’s a Wonderful Life, the actor who played Henry F. Potter in the movie was the Great-uncle of which actor who starred as Con Sawyer in the 1985 ABC Weekend Special, The Adventures of Con Sawyer and Hucklemary Finn?
Last week’s answers:
- Mulled cider
- a,c,e,f, or if you prefer - j
- Wine grapes
- Tom & Jerry
EC - Reagan
XC - Because she didn’t want to be alone. I’m dead inside.
XXC - T
XXXC - YES
As usual, simon had the highest marks, while mrsgrinch came within an eyelash of a perfect score. John tWB technically had no wrong answers. I forgot to ask if any of the high-scorers wished to host this week. If one of you wishes to do it next week, that would be great.
“This is my own private domicile, and I will not be harrassed, Grinch!” ~ J. Pinkman, from A Walter White Christmas, 2013.
*Yeah, it’s Friday. I typed this yesterday and promptly succumbed to flu-like symptoms. I hope my questions make sense. I just don’t know. So cold and sleepy...