This is already most definitely a Tuesday. Not gonna get any better either. What do you have planned?
Already been up and working since midnight. Corgi walked, and got a pot of gumbo going on low for tonight. Going to try and sleep again for a few hours soon so I can be back up again in a while to do the other half of my day in this week’s weirdass schedule.
- 1850 – The Bloody Island massacre takes place in Lake County, California, in which a large number of Pomo Indians are slaughtered by a regiment of the United States Cavalry.
- 1911 – More than 300 Chinese immigrants are killed in the Torreón massacre when the forces of the Mexican Revolution led by Emilio Madero take the city of Torreónfrom the Federales.
- 1928 – Walt Disney character Mickey Mouse premieres in his first cartoon, “Plane Crazy”.
- 1974 – Ma’alot massacre: Members of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine attack and take hostages at an Israeli school; a total of 31 people are killed, including 22 schoolchildren.
- 2010 – Jessica Watson becomes the youngest person to sail, non-stop and unassisted around the world solo.
- 1856 – L. Frank Baum, American novelist (d. 1919)
- 1900 – Ida Rhodes, American mathematician, pioneer in computer programming (d. 1986) 
- 1905 – Abraham Zapruder, American businessman and amateur photographer, filmed the Zapruder film (d. 1970)
- 1909 – James Mason, English actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1984)
- 1923 – Richard Avedon, American sailor and photographer (d. 2004)
- 1937 – Madeleine Albright, Czech-American politician and diplomat, 64th United States Secretary of State
- 1937 – Trini Lopez, American singer, guitarist, and actor
- 1938 – Mireille Darc, French actress, director, and screenwriter
- 1948 – Brian Eno, English singer-songwriter, keyboard player, and producer
- 1952 – Chazz Palminteri, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1953 – Mike Oldfield, English-Irish singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer
- 1960 – Rob Bowman, American director and producer
- 1970 – Nicola Walker, English actress (if you still haven’t seen River yet, it’s on Netflix, and you should do that right now.)
- 1978 – Caroline Dhavermas, Canadian actress
- 1978 – David Krumholtz, American actor
- 1981 – Jamie-Lynn Sigler, American actress and singer