The recipe as requested, *courtesy of King Arthur Flour:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unpeeled grated zucchini
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
And I don’t put these next items in because they are disgusting but the recipe also calls for:
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease or parchment paper two baking sheets.
- In medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then stir in the zucchini.
- Beat the flour, lemon zest, raisins (gross), and walnuts (no) into the creamed mixture. Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until they spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from oven. Let cool on baking sheet for three minutes then transfer to racks to cool.
- Glaze: Place 2 cups confectioners sugar in small bowl, stir in 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, add 3-4 tablespoons light or heavy cream a little at a time until preferred consistency is reached.
As I mentioned, I do not add the nuts or the demon poo pellets. Also, if I can’t get enough zest (or I’m too lazy to make that much), I sub in a tiny bit of pure lemon extract. I’ve also had them without the glaze and I like them better that way. They are very light and a bit cakey.
*This recipe is from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion, pp 280-281.